April is just around the corner and the Easter holiday has arrived early this year and there is certainly a lot happening around the city in celebration of the first long weekend of warmer weather. In anticipation of warmer weather and a family filled long weekend, Our Home Toronto has put together a list of our favourite events happening this weekend.
1) The All About Pets Show: Beginning Friday and ending Sunday at the International Centre, the All About Pets Show looks after the four legged member or members of your family. This year marks the shows 2oth year and some of the major highlights include a wellness centre, seminars and shopping for your favourite four legged companion.
2) The One of a Kind Spring Show and Sale: The One of a Kind Spring Show and Sale hits Exhibition Place this Saturday. The show will feature more than 800 artisans and artists and is certainly the place to go if you are looking for that one of a kind gift for a friend or loved one, or if you are just looking to treat yourself. You will find everything from jewelry and paintings to furniture and textiles. Looking for something one of a kind- this is certainly the place to be.
3) Toronto Rock vs. Buffalo Bandits: If you are in the mood for a sports fix this long weekend don’t miss the Toronto Rock vs. the Buffalo Bandits. The games are at the Air Canada Centre which is very centrally located and the ticket prices are reasonable with a minimum ticket price of $18.75. Learn all about the team at www.torontorock.com.
4) Easter “Egg” Stravaganza: Head down to the Toronto Zoo to hunt for Easter eggs and spend the day with animals from all over the world. Sadly, the new pandas can’t been seen by the public yet, we will all have to wait until May for that!
5) Vintage Easter Parade: The Vintage Easter Parade is happening this Sunday with a fashionable stroll down Yonge Street. Young and old can participate and watch the parade for free. There will even be opportunities for photos at Yonge- Dundas Square. The parade route and further details can be found here: http://www.beeskneesdance.com/easter-parade/ Anyone can participate so put on your Sunday best and join the fun!